If you read my post on phytonutrients, you know why it is so important to “eat the rainbow every day”. Here is a quick and easy blender drink recipe that will help you to get more greens and yellows!
What is in my blender today?
- 1 cup water (more or less depending on how you like it. I like it thin like juice so I add extra water)
- splash of lemon juice (I use the organic lemon juice from Costco)
- knob of ginger, peeled (about 1 inch)
- 1 celery stalk (organic)
- A few chunks of frozen pineapple
- very large handful of power greens (I like this organic one)
- tsp Metagenics Phytoganix (optional)
- Metagenics Ultra flora synergy probiotic powder (optional)
- few cubes of ice or extra water depending on taste
- sometimes I thrown in parsley or cilantro if I have it
- you can add a couple drops of liquid organic stevia to make it sweeter. This will enhance the flavor of the Phytoganix and make it delish! It will bring out the fruit flavor without making it full of sugar. As your tastes change, you will not need to make this drink sweeter by adding any stevia.
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- You can experiment with other ingredients to make this your own.
*if we are working together and you are eliminating sugars, talk to me about stevia and pineapple.
- all ingredients should be organic (except pineapple, it is usually on clean list) for best blender drink.
- The key is to add enough water to make it thin like juice
and not too much ice or you get a smoothie
Here is more info on Metagenics Phytoganix:
Every day, 76% of Americans do not meet the recommended intake of fruit, while 87% fall below that for veggies. But eating your fruits and veggies just got easier!
A whole lot more than just superfoods!
PhytoGanix® features 20+ whole foods in each serving, including: organic fruits, organic vegetables, organic flax seed, organic chia, organic quinoa sprouts, herbs, plant enzymes, prebiotics, and probiotics
- Provides vitamin C to support healthy immune function and provide antioxidant protection*
- Research suggests that green tea and turmeric may benefit the body’s response to oxidative stress*
- Milk thistle seed helps support healthy liver function*
†Not intended to replace your daily intake of fruits and vegetables.
One of my favorite uses for Phytoganix (besides the green drink), is to take the travel sticks on the road. It is often hard to get greens, fruits and veggies when traveling. The travel sticks are a great way to get 20+ whole foods every day!
9 thoughts on “What’s in my blender?”
YUM! That sounds delicious
Thank you Adriana, I really appreciate the comments!
Awesome blog, very informative! 🙂
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your comments!
thank you so much! I really appreciate the comments!