Collagen Peptides, Collagen Beauty Water, Collagen Beauty Greens… what is the difference? I thought I’d write a review about some of my favorite collagen products, how I use them, and why I use them. Yes, I really have all of these and use most of them daily.
Vital Proteins is one of my favorite products and companies to recommend. It has truly changed my life. Why? It is very clean, nothing artificial and a great source of smooth (not gritty or thick) protein that is gut healing! I work with a lot of clients with gut health issues and collagen peptides are always recommended. See below for my reviews of many of Vital Proteins products, how I use them, and why I recommend them.
Collagen Peptides (blue bottle): The OG of collagen as far as I’m concerned! This is a staple. It is tasteless and odorless so it can be added to anything without changing the taste, texture, or odor! I use it in my daily tea, smoothies, green drinks, soups, etc. You can even add it to chia pudding to bump up the nutritional value and protein content. This one is best if you like the flavor of what you are eating and drinking but want to add a collagen protein boost to it.
Vital Proteins’ Collagen Peptides are easily digested and soluble in cold or hot liquids. Just one to two scoops per day, adding a scoop of Collagen Peptides to food or beverages give you the vitamin boost you need to support healthy hair, skin, nails, bone and joint health, digestion, muscle recovery, and more. Use collagen for a variety of recipes:
- Stir into water, fruit juice, or other beverages
- Add to smoothies as protein booster
- Mix with oatmeal, soups, or sauces
Dark Chocolate Blackberry Collagen: This is quickly becoming my favorite product ever! It is not too sweet and the flavors of the product and anything you add to it really come through. It isn’t “fake” tasting like some of the other proteins on the market. It is a very smooth, clean protein that has hyaluronic acid and probiotics in it making this a super way to start your day. Choose this one if you like chocolate and are looking for a very clean, smooth protein to add to smoothies. Choose this one if you want your collagen protein to be a flavor! Here is my FAV recipe!
Creamers: I love the new collagen creamers in all three flavors, vanilla, coconut, and gingerbread. These are a huge convenience item for me since I make a tea latte every morning which has several ingredients. These creamers cut my ingredients down because it is all mixed together: collagen, coconut milk, and flavor. They contain healthy fats from the coconut milk and protein from the collagen so it will make your morning latte more filling. I use these for traveling as well. So easy to take on the go.
Vital Proteins Coconut Collagen Creamer features healthy ingredients served alongside 10 grams of collagen peptides sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine. Rich in healthy fats from organic coconut milk, our Whole30-approved Coconut Creamer is completely free of dairy, soy, carrageenan, gluten, artificial sweeteners, and added sugars.
- Healthy Fat: Our Coconut Collagen Creamer boasts 9 grams of healthy fat from organic coconut milk powder, an excellent source of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) and lauric acid
- Beneficial Collagen: Collagen’s amino acid spectrum provides the building blocks for hair, skin, nails, bones, joints, and other connective tissues
- Bioavailable: Easily digested and absorbed by the body
- 100% Dairy-Free: Because it is made with organic coconut milk powder, our creamer is completely free of dairy
Beauty Waters: Strawberry Lemon Beauty Water
Make every day a spa day with Vital Proteins nutritious line of Collagen Beauty Water to enhance hair, skin and nails, improve energy with all natural ingredients, and boost joint health with clean collagen. Flavors: Strawberry Lemon, Lavender Lemon, Melon Mint, or Cucumber Aloe
With several blends of organic fruits and vegetables, Collagen Peptides, hyaluronic acid and probiotics, covering your nutritional needs is delicious and convenient with these two Vital Proteins products:
Collagen and greens: The Collagen and greens are a great addition to a smoothie. I’ve been adding a drop of peppermint oil to it and it is transformed into a creamy mint delight.
Collagen Veggie blend: This one is not my favorite but it has its place. It has a very earthy savory flavor and can be added to savory dishes to increase the nutritional content. I have added it to blended soups and it was nice. When mixed with water, it has a V8 type of a taste (even though there is no tomato). So, if you fancy that flavor, this one is for you!
Gelatin(green bottle): Use to make “jello”, gummies, and other fruit leathers.
Our Beef Gelatin is a pasture-raised, grass-fed bovine hide gelatin powder that can be mixed into both hot and cold liquids and supports digestive health.Our collagen protein is a pasture-raised, grass-fed bovine hide gelatin powder. It offers comprehensive benefits for health, fitness, and beauty. Collagen protein is often used to promote digestive health. The gelatin can be mixed into both hot and cold liquids, but will gel if blended in cold. It is gluten free, Non-GMO, sugar free, paleo friendly and Whole30® Approved.
- Versatile: can be mixed in hot or cold liquids in a variety of recipes
- Just one ingredient: no artificial flavors, supplements or fillers – just bovine hide gelatin
- For a hot drink, mix 1-2 scoops collagen protein into 4 oz. cold liquid, let sit for one minute then add 4 oz. of hot liquid to dissolve. fruit juice, broth, or herbal tea are great suggestions.
- For adding to food, gelatin can be utilized in a variety of your favorite foods such as fruit gelatin, custards, soups, and stews.
- 1 simple ingredient – gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, Whole30 Approved, and paleo friendly
- 100% pure collagen protein – clean, tasteless, and dissolves & absorbs quickly**
- 3,905 mg of proline and hydroxyproline – helps build and protect the body’s collagen
Please contact me with questions, comments, or your favorite way to use collagen products.